25 Oct 2013 IDEAL SINGAPORE SETS SAIL
The Ideal Singapore Yacht Racing Team commenced racing today in the 2013 China Cup International Regatta. Six Singapore sailors sailed today from Hong Kong to Shenzhen to compete in one of Asia’s largest yacht races, the 7th China Cup International Regatta.
The regatta is held annually in China each year and attracts over one hundred boats with over one thousand sailors from more than thirty three countries to compete in the event.
The Ideal Systems Yacht Racing Team from Singapore will be competing in the Soto27 class which will consist of six sailors with a wealth of experience below:
- Anthony Kiong (36) – Skipper, 3x Asian & SEA games GOLD & Silver Medalist.
- Colin Ng (34) – Sail trimmer, 3x Asian & SEA Games GOLD Medalist.
- Stanley Chan (35) – Sail trimmer, 2011/2012 CCIR FE26 Champion, 2nd 2013 Western Circuit SB20.
- Russell Kan (20) – Bow man, SEA Games Gold Medalist.
- John Lui (31) – Pit man.
- Chung Pei Ming (31) – Trimmer, SEA Games Gold Medalist.
Together, the Ideal Systems Yacht Racing team has a total of 11 Asian and SEA games medals and have their sights firmly set on a 3rd consecutive victory at China Cup International Regatta 2013.
The team is sponsored by Ideal Systems Singapore part of the Ideal Systems APAC Group, Asia’s largest broadcast technology and systems integration company. Ideal have offices across Asia including China and Hong Kong and the race takes place in the South China Sea commencing today until Monday.